So you have decided to have a professional carpet clean? Here’s what will happen.
Quotations are usually provided on-site (in order to establish what additional equipment may be needed), but can be provided over the telephone if necessary. (I recently cleaned an upstairs bedroom in a new-build, but the stairs had not yet been put in place ladders were required - without the initial onsite inspection/quotation I would not have known this).
- The initial quote. I will visit you at your home at a time that suits you. I will inspect any damage to carpets and conduct a test to check for fibre content. I will then provide a quote on location. You don't need to decide there and then - just give me a call within 14 days to book your appointment at the price quoted.
- Prior to my arrival for your booked appointment to clean the carpet(s), I will ask that any small, loose items be cleared away. I am happy to move and put back any larger items during the cleaning process, whilst taking your carpets into consideration.
- I vacuum your carpets thoroughly, followed by a dry agitation, and then a final vacuum. I then carry out a test your carpets for colour fastness and also for any chemicals left in from any previous cleans, plus look for any fitting faults.
- Any obvious stains will be dealt with first by spot cleaning.
- A pre-spray is then applied to the whole carpet to break up dirt and any heavy soiling.
- I clean my tools/have a cuppa whilst waiting for the chemicals to do their stuff! Then it’s time for the big clean! Using a portable hot water extraction machine I spray water deep into the carpet pile, using any necessary chemicals required. I then draw the water back out of the carpet leaving it almost dry to the touch.
- Once the clean has been performed I will recheck to make sure those spots and stains have been removed.
- I then rake your carpet with a pile brush, leaving your carpets looking their best.
To help me carry out the above cleaning process, I will require use of your hot and cold water and mains electricity (240 volts).